Tips For Staging Your Home During the Holiday Season
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It’s time to trim the tree, deck the halls and light your house — but what about if your house is for sale?
There’s one big advantage to selling your home during the holidays. Potential buyers will love picturing themselves in your home. They’ll imagine unwrapping gifts and eating with family. Although that’s true, you can scare them off by going overboard with holiday decorations. Here are a few tips for staging your home during the holiday season.
- Make sure your home is spick and span. Before you start decking the halls, make sure your house is perfectly clean. Get the windows done, everything dusted, baseboards cleaned and all the little crevices in top shape!
- De-clutter every room. A large part of staging is de-cluttering! Don’t add holiday decor without getting rid of the extra clutter that will deter potential buyers.
- Don’t offend potential buyers. You may celebrate Christmas but your potential home buyer may celebrate Kwanzaa. Try to stick with generic decorations and not religious themes.
- Opt for cozy decorations! Make your home feel extra cozy to anyone who sees it by adding cozy winter decorations. These will have them picturing themselves in their new living room in no time!
- Stick to your current color scheme. Don’t add red and green decorations to your house if your home is decorated in pale blue. Try to stick to your current color scheme to make everything blend well.
- Don’t use with too many lights! Too many lights (think Clark Griswold) will deter buyers — especially if they go to see your home after dark. Add simple, dainty lights and don’t use too many. Curb appeal is very important, even during the holidays.
These are just a few tips to help you stage your home during the holidays but we do recommend hiring a professional stager — as well as an experienced real estate agent. Call Synergy Realty Network and get your own realtor today!